Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Inquiring minds

There are some things in life that really puzzle me. I don't know if there are any answers but here's my ever-growing list:

  • If the man who gets the title "Sexiest Man Alive" is still alive the next year, why doesn't he get that title again? Can you only be sexy for one year?
  • Does calling an event "First Annual" make any sense? I mean, if it's the first time it's happening how can it be an annual event? Don't you need some history to call it that?
  • Why do people say "Easter Sunday"? When has Easter ever happened on a Thursday?
  • Isn't it repetitive to say "He owns his own home?" If he owns his home, isn't it his own?
  • Why do cashiers compare your credit card signature with the electronic signature? You can't write normally on those devices and so they never look the same.
  • What defines Modern Art? Is it Modern when you need someone to tell you what the hell it is?
  • Why do some people who claim to love Jesus act nothing like him?
  • Why is it that when someone cuts me off on the highway they always have a zillion USA flags on their car?
  • When did companies decide that having a computerized voice talk to me like we're having a real conversation is less annoying than typing my responses into my phone?
  • Why do I always get a store coupon in the mail 12 hours after I visited that store the night before?
  • Why does baseball have managers while everyone else has coaches?
I find more and more of these every day. What have you got for questions?

1 comment:

  1. I love the store coupon one! Though for me it's been happening via email!

    Let's see - another question:
    - Why does time move too quickly when you're doing something you love, and like a snail when you're doing something you hate?

    Hugs!
    C

    ReplyDelete