Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A foreboding

I just talked to my folks who said they had to make two attempts to vote today because there was absolutely no place to park. My mom said, "Well, a high voter turnout usually means Democrat." To which I responded, "Not in this political climate."

It was like this when Brown was elected. The people want change. I'm not sure they even know what they want, they just know what they don't want.

My prediction for the MA gubernatorial race has always been that Patrick doesn't really want to be governor any longer. He will fight hard enough to say he tried, but ultimately, he just wants to go to DC and work for Obama.

Given the high turnout when the race is so close, I'm inclined to believe that Patrick will get his wish.

3 comments:

  1. IMHO, I disagree about Patrick's desires. He's always said that he intends to serve two full terms as governor (if re-elected), and I think he means it. I also think that's what he wants. I'm sure he had the opportunity to go to DC earlier, if he'd wanted to.

    Unfortunately, I do agree with you about the result of high voter turnout here likely resulting in a Republican victory, at least to some extent. It will be interesting to see how far it goes.

    I'm glad I have something to keep me busy this evening, at least from 7-9ish. After that I suppose I'll have to see what this wonderful country of ours decided to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your mom was onto something, at least in Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, the biggest Democrat I know, was thrilled about the MA vote but completely upset about the national outcome.
    The pendulum always swings in both directions and, one of these days, I'm hoping it will find middle ground.

    ReplyDelete