Monday, October 26, 2009

Not again!

Did anyone watch the Yankees/Angels game last night? As a die-hard Sox fan, I found it unbearable to watch the end. I shut off the tele at 11:45 before the top of the ninth. I couldn't bear to watch the likes of Damon and A-Rod jumping around on the field.

And I was so rooting for the Angels. The story of how they dedicated their season to the young pitcher who died tragically this year was reason enough to hope they went all the way - that is, as long as they weren't playing the Sox.

My take on the Yankees is that it's easy for a team to buy its way to a championship. If you have strong individual contributors, they don't need each other as much. Teams that struggle together and cover for each other are my kind of teams.

But then, isn't that the definition of "team" to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment