Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just thinkin'

I started this blog thinking that I'd write in it every day. But lately, a week goes by without my posting anything. Why? Because I feel like I should only write when I have something important to say.

My husband tells me I "think too much" sometimes. I overanalyze and don't go with my gut. Funny thing is, what I'm analyzing IS my gut. It's easy to go with what feels right. However, I think the mind sometimes clouds our feelings. We all compensate and get lazy, and that can interfere with our speaking the truth.

My sister says that the hard thing to do is always the right thing to do. And so, I analyze. Am I doing/saying something because it's the easy way out? Have I explored all ramifications? Is anyone getting hurt by what I say/do?

These things wake me up at night and keep me up. I know that we can't always be dead on with our comments. There are times when we intend something to be funny but end up hurting someone. Or move in and take action where leadership is needed but overdo it.

I never ever want to hurt someone I care about. I know I have done so in the past - but learn from it.

Where am I going with this? I don't know. I guess today I'm feeling like explaining why I sometimes don't write. Rambling treatises are not my style. I'd rather think through an important revelation or experience before putting it in writing.

Do I "think too much"? Not sure that there's any other option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment