Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Warts and all

Been away from the blog for a while spending my time travelling and being sick (I so thought I'd get through the winter without catching something). I have lots on my mind but will say this one thing now: My blog posts make me look like a saint. I am not.

I've come to understand that this blog has become an outlet for me to talk about what I hope for and also what I've learned. I don't use offensive language; I try to say intelligent things. But that's not who I am all the time.

Do I have my pet peeves and narrow-minded moments? Sure! Old habits die hard. I work just as hard, though, to keep them at bay and really listen to what comes out of my mouth - and fingers.

I've said and done some pretty selfish and hurtful things in my life. Sometimes while trying to be funny; sometimes to win an argument. People I love and who love me know how impatient I can be. They know I don't always approach those I disrespect with the same respect I want in return. They know I can be hypocritical at times.

I hate generalizations, yet, I find myself doing that at times. Not sure why - but I'm working on it.

Life is one long therapy session to me. And that's not a bad thing. I learned a ton in therapy especially how to approach problems in a non-emotional manner. Still, those knees jerk when the right buttons are pushed.

So, what am I saying? I'm saying that I'm not always sensitive and thoughtful. Not even close. So, read this blog with the knowledge that it, like me, is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment