Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The stars are aligning

Just back from the Career Center in Lowell. I didn't realize what a great resource they are for career advice. I figured they were just focused on giving you the tools to get re-employed and not to do any serious career counseling. I was SO wrong.

I met with a wonderful advisor, Gerri, who's been there for 30 years. We are about the same age and we've both been at our careers for the same amount of time (yes, I'm that old). 

We talked about my resume that sells my technical background and she suggested I could make some changes there. But I also told her how I'd like to eventually get out of the iffy-ness of the tech biz and focus on more creative writing.

She gave me some great ideas. The Career Center also has a monthly workshop on starting your own business but April's is already full. I have no clue what it takes to be a freelance writer (taxes, marketing, etc.) and would like to go to next month's session.

It's exciting and scary at the same time, this going out on my own move. But I feel like the universe is sort of leading me in this direction and I had better not miss my opportunity. There are those who say we are coming upon the Age of Aquarius in 2012 - the beginning of a new astrological era. A time of change for humanity.

So, maybe, since my astrological sign happens to be Aquarius, this is my time for change as well. I can only go with my gut and trust the universe. Those two things have gotten me this far already, so I feel that I have no choice but to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment